Areas of study
The hosting partner institutions offer specialisations in the following areas for master’s and doctoral study:
To be eligible for a scholarship, master’s and doctoral students must comply with the following criteria:
- Be a national and resident in any of the eligible countries covered by the Programme (see Section 1)
- At the time of the application for a scholarship, be registered/admitted in their final year or have obtained their most recent degree (or equivalent) from:
- one of the higher education institutions included in the partnership (Target Group I);
- a higher education institution not included in the partnership but established in an eligible country (Target Group II)
- Have sufficient knowledge of the language of instruction in the host institution.
- Meet the specific requirements of the host institution.
Students can only benefit from one scholarship under the Intra-Africa Academic Mobility Scheme.
Students having benefitted from scholarship(s) under the previous Intra-ACP Academic Mobility Scheme cannot receive scholarships under the Intra-Africa Academic Mobility Scheme.
Staff may undertake mobility visits for 1-6 months.
Staff mobility should contribute to strengthening the academic, management and co-operation capacity of partner institutions, through participation in research projects, teaching, production of new teaching material, development of teaching methods, harmonisation of curricula, development of joint curricula, development of administrative tools and sharing of management approaches. The mobility is also expected to be an integral part of the institutional staff development plan and recognised as such upon return of the staff member.
In order to be eligible for a scholarship, staff must comply with ALL the following criteria:
- Be a national and resident in any of the eligible countries (see Section 1)
- Work in or be associated with a partner higher education institution.
- Have sufficient knowledge of the operational language in the host institution.
- Hold at least a master’s degree or equivalent.